CombiScreen mALB/CREA Urinalysis Strips
CombiScreen mALB / CREA test strips can be used for screening urine samples for microalbuminuria.
The strips contain two test pads for the semi-quantitative detection of albumin and creatinine. The albumin-to-creatinine ratio can then be determined regardless of the urine concentration. This allows single-void specimens in to be used in place of 24-hour collection methods.
Positive results should be confirmed with quantitative methods for albumin.
- Low detection limit, 22 mg/L enables reliable screening of at-risk patients
- Point-of-care method provides results in only 1 minute
- Avoids the need for 24-hour sample collection
- Can be read visually or on the Urilyzer 100 Pro
Microalbuminuria has been reported to be an early predictor of the development of glomerular damage in the absence of overt nephropathy. Detection may thus aid in the detection of patients at risk of kidney damage. It has also been reported as an early predictor of the development of pre-eclampsia during pregnancy.
- Albumin-to-Creatinine (A:C) ratio (semi-quantitative)